Cook/ Kitchen Assistant- FT, Cornerstone Assisted Living- Plymouth, MN
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? We're hiring an entry-level Cook/ Kitchen Assistant! No senior care experience is necessary. We'll train you for this position where you will gain valuable skills. No late nights!
Join our tight-knit family where everyone knows your name! Here at Cornerstone, we are family. We have a laid back culture where laughter fills our hallways. Our assisted living facility won the 2019 Pinnacle Best in Class for employee satisfaction and we take pride in making you feel appreciated from the moment you step through our door. Many of our employees have been here for years and years. You won't want to miss this opportunity to join our team!
Our 86-unit assisted living campus is currently hiring a Full-Time Cook/ Kitchen Assistant to join our beautiful campus with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for preparing and cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents. Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment.
There are Full-Time positions available working a varied schedule including every other weekend. Shift: Day/ Evening (No late nights!)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
Cook/ Kitchen Assistant responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Properly plate, portion, and serve all food.
- Assemble table place settings.
- Complete daily prep and cleaning assignments.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook/ Kitchen Assistant skills and requirements:
- Previous serving experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points for...
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration).
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.