Food & Nutrition Services Director - Apple Valley, Minnesota
Apple Valley Care Center, a 4-star rated, 178-bed long-term care and rehabilitation center, is hiring an experienced Food & Nutrition Services Director to join our team. With the support of the home office dietitians, you will direct the overall operations of the Food & Nutrition Services department to ensure quality food and nutritional services are provided to our residents. You will also ensure our residents receive a first-class dining experience through supervising and staffing exceptional dietary aides and cooks. This candidate must be Registered MN Dietitian, Dietary Technician, or Certified Dietary Manager at time of hire. Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment.
Here at Apple Valley Care Center, we are one big family. Teamwork and respect are very important to us. We're passionate about what we do and enjoy serving others. Our staff and residents love walking our beautiful and peaceful grounds. Many people take advantage of our walking paths that border landscaped grounds and a sparkling pond. Apply today to join our family!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule.
Food & Nutrition Services Director responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate nutritional care is provided to all residents.
- Coordinate with home office dietitians to plan meals at the facility.
- Oversee daily operations of the Culinary Services department.
- Guarantee meals, snacks, and supplements are planned, prepared, and served to residents in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Complete nutritional interviews with residents.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise department staff.
- Prepare employee schedules, maintain attendance records, and approve payroll.
- Promote special food events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) for residents and guests.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Food & Nutrition Services Director skills and requirements:
- 1-2+ years’ of leadership/ supervisory experience required.
- Registered MN Dietitian, Dietary Technician, or Certified Dietary Manager required at time of hire.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are a Registered MN Dietitian or Certified Dietary Manager.
- ServSafe certificate required or obtained upon hire.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal food service regulations, preferred.
- Large scale batch cooking experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration).
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.