As a Product Manager you will be the product subject matter expert; documenting use cases, business requirements, workflows, and personas for new product features, building a backlog of features for the product road map, writing and presenting user stories to support feature development, providing support to the product development team, and performing demonstrations and overviews.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
As a key member of our product management team, you will develop expertise in both our dietary and foodservice management software and the daily operations of institutional foodservice production and service. This will provide a foundation to support your creative work as you design systems and user experiences that simplify data flow, communications and service processes for our growing customer base. You will participate in weekly planning sessions, daily stand-ups, weekly retrospectives, and demos with clients.
You will work closely with all internal departments to gather input regarding existing and future user requirements. You will be part of a design team that works closely with the Development team who will take your design specifications and formalize them into code.
This position is perfect for a person with significant software design experience, or somebody who has deep experience in the institutional foodservice and dietary industry and who has used similar software.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with the software engineering team to deliver timely solutions with high customer impact and minimal bugs.
- Be the communication bridge between customers, stakeholders, software engineers and graphic designers
- Dive into new, unfamiliar fields and quickly absorb the fundamentals to drive brainstorming and further insights.
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Lead every stage of a human-centered design process: from research & discovery, through wireframes & user flows, to complex, expressive design systems, and on into support for engineering & QA.
- Become an expert on the MealSuite and MealSuite Touch products, our customers, their operations, and trends in the industry.
- 5+ years experience managing institutional dietary and food service operations preferably with significant exposure to food service software or proven software design experience where you were able to adapt your strategies to an unfamiliar industry.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and/or proven technical experience.
- Ability to translate operational and user requirements into detailed, clearly articulated specifications that software engineers can interpret.
- Ability to design solutions that simplify processes, deliver user interfaces that require limited “clicks”/”taps” to navigate, and limit the amount of overhead necessary to setup and maintain the system.
- Strong market knowledge of institutional food service and dietary operations, preferably in senior living or acute care.
- Creative problem solver, able to understand data flow through both a foodservice operation and through the systems you will design.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to travel, when requested, to customer sites and conferences to gather user input and requests (10% travel or less).
- BA/BS in Nutritional Science and Dietetics required.
- MA preferred.
- RD preferred.
- Culinary background preferred.
- Experience testing software a plus.
- Background developing nutrition software strongly desired.
Your application has been successfully submitted.