Office Manager and Executive Assistant
Office Manager and Executive Assistant
The Senior Dining Association (SDA) is the only dedicated association providing resources, education, and networking opportunities for foodservice and hospitality for the senior living industry.
As Office Manager and Executive Assistant, you must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is fast-moving and results driven. This position acts as a focal point for the collection and dissemination of information between the SDA’s CEO, Industry partners, members and business associates of the SDA.
Who You Are:
ORGANIZED - Strong organizational skills to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and attention to detail
RELATIONAL - Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
COMMUNICATOR - Excellent level written and verbal communication skills
RESOURCEFUL - Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
EFFICIENT - Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Do:
- Serves as special events coordinator and leads SDA tradeshow, events, and meeting planning on behalf of the CEO. Assist with meeting logistics including speaker confirmations, meeting specifications, supplies, event signage, shipments, and other items as needed.
- Manages CEO’s calendar while prioritizing inquiries and requests.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Coordinates travel schedules for team members.
- Answers the phone and responds, or to direct calls, to the proper persons as appropriate.
- Manages correspondence to the CEO including reviewing all email and mail, highlighting action items, attaching pertinent files or transmittals for review and action.
- Assists with prioritizing CEO’s responses and delegating tasks to other staff members as appropriate.
- Assists the CEO with speaking engagements by coordinating the development of PowerPoint presentations, speaking points, and arranging the logistics of the day.
- Coordinate sponsor fulfillment and relationship management (invoicing, benefits and recognition)
- Serves as the primary staff contact with committees and members for administrative and clerical matters.
- Responsible for successful operation of SDA Staff meetings.
- Creates, maintains, and updates the calendar of events and committee meetings; contacts members and participants as necessary to coordinate schedules.
- Prepares agendas, meeting minutes, speeches, meeting notices and reminder notices to members and Committees.
- Prepare, collect, and coordinate documents required for distribution to all committee meetings in a timely manner.
- Ensures proper invoicing, credit card reconciliation, expense reports and other budgetary matters.
- Assists with annual budget preparation by working with team to analyze and project spending based on historical information.
- Analyzes, researches, and anticipates the current and upcoming needs of the CEO
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external customers and follows up as needed and handles confidential and sensitive matters with the utmost discretion.
- Any other duties as assigned
This job has minimal travel requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy and proficiency in data entry
- Experience working with various CRM and project management software.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams and Zoom
- Strong detail and quality orientation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong planning & organizing skills, impeccable follow-up and exceptional attention to detail
- Must have ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet day to day needs
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of the rules of effective English usage, including subject/verb agreement, tenses, and basic grammar
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion about confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Strong organization, analytical and follow up skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and capable of working with little direct supervision
- Health insurance - choice of plans
- Free Dental & Vision insurance
- Free 50k Life insurance policy
- Group term life and AD&D insurance
- Vacation (Paid Time Off)
- Holiday & Sick Pay
- Fun working environment
Senior Dining Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The only dedicated association providing resources, education and networking opportunities for dining & hospitality in the senior living industry.