This job is no longer accepting applications.
Riverside Health System, Warwick Forest, is a Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Newport News, VA, providing independent living, assisted living, and memory care. At Riverside, our primary responsibility is to care for our residents as we would care for those we love.
Our Warwick Forest location is seeking a seasoned Executive Chef to lead our culinary team in providing superior service to the residents who call our facility home. Reporting to the Director of Food and Nutrition Services, the Executive Chef will lead our culinary team managing successful operations in our multiple dining venues. The Executive Chef will coordinate all operational activities of our residents’ dining experience, including catering, bistro, and fine dining operations. We prepare and serve over 500 high quality and nutritious meals a day. The mission and vision at Warwick Forest are to provide a best-in-class dining experience for our residents, visitors, and team members.
Be the difference in Warwick Forest Retirement Community - Newport News, Virginia as a Full time Executive ChefThe Executive Chef will provide culinary expertise. They are responsible for the oversight of the culinary team and control's a wide range of Food Service activities so as to accomplish the goals and objectives of the department. Initiates continuous quality improvement projects on an ongoing basis so as to improve key aspects of service. Responsible for the efficient operation of the department and adherence to required policies procedures state and federal regulations. The Manager ensures nutrition service staff follows hospital policy and procedures designed to promote patient safety and reduce health care related injuries. Responsible for ensuring staff follows the proper guidelines for body mechanics hazardous materials and standard precautions to avoid personal accidents and injuries.
- B.S. Degree in Dietetics, Culinary Arts, Hotel/Restaurant Management, or Food Services management required. Will except 10 or more years of executive culinary experience along with
- Certificate of completion from an accredited culinary trade school (2-4 year program) or ACFEI apprenticeship program (certificate 4-5 year program), or related field desirable in lieu of the B.S. Degree.
- 10 years of executive culinary and food management experience required, preferably in a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills required.
- Knowledge and experience with regulations (State, CMS)
Strong leadership, mentoring and coaching experience developing successful team members
- ServSafe certification required within 3 months of employment.
- ACF certification preferred.
- Certified Dietary Manager preferred
As a Riverside team member, our benefits have you covered:
Health & Wellness:
- Medical Plan Options
- Vision and Dental plans (including orthodontic care)
- Wellness & fitness center discounts
- Onsite pharmacy and delivery options
- Riverside services discount
- flexible spending and savings accounts
- healthy lifestyle incentives
Peace of Mind:
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Whole Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- CEUs (MedBridge Education)
- 403(b) Savings Plan (Immediate Matching)
- Specialty Certification Financial Assistance
- Company Wide Bonus Program
- Employee Help Fund
- Paid Time Off (full- and part-time team members)
- extended illness bank
- care.com membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- area retail discounts
- community involvement opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To care for others as we care for those we love