Food Service Director
Are you a driver of operational performance who enjoys coaching others to achieve success? Culinary Services Group is hiring a Food Service Director to oversee the management of our food service operation. This role is responsible to ensuring client satisfaction through excellent customer service and food quality, developing and training team members to ensure their success, and managing the facility budget for food costs, supplies, and labor. Our ideal candidate has hands-on experience in an institutional or healthcare food service environment with knowledge of best practices in purchasing, food production, tray assembly, cash operations, budgeting, managing, and training. Certified Dietary Manager Certification or ability to obtain immediately is high preferred.
- Ensure client satisfaction to support CSG’s mission to improve the quality of life of those we serve.
- Develop, plan, and implement special dining and food related promotions to create a fun environment for customers.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the dietary department.
- Make strategic hiring decisions to ensure that team members are placed in the positions that best fit their skill set.
- Reduce turnover and promote employee engagement that align with CSG’s core values.
- Provide high customer service and ensure all food and menu items meet both CSG and client expectations.
- Manage the facility budget (food cost, supplies, and labor) through effective cost control procedures.
- Provide a quality dining experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- Promote and provide a work environment of teamwork and respect amongst employees, integrity, world class customer service, financial responsibility, and continual pursuit of excellence.
- Follow all outlined Company, State, Federal and other applicable health and safety regulations in connection with food service, equipment use and personal hygiene.
- Provide support, encouragement and recognition when needed to team members.
- Administer performance reviews to ensure team members are given timely feedback to address work performance.
- Ensure proper and adequate training and development of all department team members.
- Build customer loyalty.
- Meet with residents and other appropriate individuals as necessary to determine specific needs.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the facility with high visibility.
- Promote and comply with workplace safety as outlined by CSG and other appropriate regulations by law.
- Monitor and validate all HACCP policies and procedures are completed and oversee the flow of food.
- Promote and enforce CSG’s safety program and requirements.
- Ensure kitchen and dining rooms are neat and organized.
- Promote proper handwashing, equipment sanitizing, etc.
- Manage the financial performance of your account to assist CSG in its profitability.
- Comprehend, comply, support, and administer all company rules, procedures, and policies with regards to operation, accounting, human resources, and payroll.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels as per budget guidelines.
- Facilitate production levels with proper food accounting procedures and techniques.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- This position may be called upon to perform other duties and tasks as determined by CSG leadership.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required; Culinary Degree is preferred.
- ServSafe Certification required
- Certified Dietary Manager (preferred) and/or other jurisdiction certifications
- 5+ years of experience in institutional and/or healthcare food service environment with purchasing, food production, tray assembly, cash operations, budgeting, managing, and training experience.
Join a rapidly growing company on a mission to improve the lives of others. Culinary Services Group is recognized as a Top 50 Contract Food Service Management Company, specializing in senior care communities, hospitals, and behavioral healthcare services. We are seeking professional team members to drive the reputation of our company through operational leadership and performance coaching. Our employees enjoy career development opportunities and generous compensation. Work for a company that values integrity!
Culinary Services Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Culinary Services Group
Improve the quality of life for those we serve