Assistant Director of Dining - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Assistant Director of Dining- $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
For over 35 years, North Hill, a not-for-profit senior living community located in Needham, Massachusetts, has provided vibrant living opportunities to people 65+ by offering a host of hospitality, wellness and health care services. The Assistant Dining Partner, under supervision of the Director of Dining, is responsible for activities related to food in the Small House venues. This includes preparing, cooking and serving food for various events.
Under supervision of the Director of Dining Services, the Assistant Director of Dining Services performs work of moderate difficulty in all dining areas and performs related work as assigned.
Job Specific Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Covers Director’s responsibilities when the Director is away from the campus.
- Supports and coordinates dining activities in the various venues across campus.
- Ensures adequate staffing is in place for all dining rooms as needed.
- Supervises meal periods in the various venues, ensuring customer service meets expectations
- Oversees and coordinates special function catering for resident private events, internal and external meetings and events being hosted at North Hill including billing for services provided
- Remains flexible in own scheduling to support the needs of the department
- Ensures adequate staffing is in place for all dining rooms as needed
- Supervises catering team members
- Ensures that Team Members maintain dining rooms in neat sanitary condition following policies and procedures and serve safe principles
- Assists in the hiring, training assignment and ongoing supervision of the wait staff and dining room supervisors
- Addresses performance issues with Team Members in a timely manner following policies and procedures for corrective action, up to and including termination.
- Assists with maintaining Team Member personnel and payroll records and submits payroll when Director is absent.
- Assists with developing and adhering to the budget through careful planning.
- Assists with interviewing and selecting vendors and negotiating prices for contracted items or services.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of dining room supplies to include linens, dishes, glassware, silverware etc.
- As needed, assists with purchasing of supplies.
- Communicates, promotes and enforces policies and procedures of North Hill
- Completes required training in a timely manner.
- Adapts schedule when necessary to accommodate emergency situations, such as snow storms, DPH surveys, state of emergency and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Client management and business literacy skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This position is primarily responsible for management and supervision of the front of the house team.
This job operates in a professional dining environment. This role routinely uses standard dining equipment and supplies as well as office equipment and supplies. It is a highly customer service oriented position, requiring attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The team member frequently is required to sit and stand for periods of time in addition to walking.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position may require long hours and holiday and weekend work.
Any travel is primarily local during the business day, no out-of-the-area or overnight travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
- An Associate’s Degree in Culinary Science, Hospitality or a related field,
- or 1-3 years’ experience in the dining field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science, Hospitality or a related field and 3-5 years experience in healthcare or continuous care retirement communities.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Current Serve Safe Certification
North Hill offers:
Health & Dental Benefits
401K with company match
Career Development Training
Employee Referral Program
Healthcare Academy Training
Free on-site fitness center
North Hill is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all team members and potential team members. North Hill does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/ or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.