Cook, Full-Time, Newton Village
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? We're hiring an entry-level Cook! No senior care experience is necessary. We'll train you for this position where you will gain valuable skills. No late nights!
Newton Village, a 5-star rated, 24-bed campus, is hiring Full-Time Cooks to join our beautiful full-service skilled care facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule. Hours: 10:30 am to 7:00 pm. We have a new wage scale!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and follow recipes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Prior dining/ serving experience a plus!
- Baking experience a plus!
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
Here at Newton Village, we care about you and we show it by offering discounted meals, free meal tickets, and gifts to our staff. We take pride in supporting you succeed and offer plenty of opportunities for advancement. Here we have a generous staff to resident ratio as well as flexible scheduling and wonderful benefits. Don't hesitate- apply today to join our team!
Consistently voted best Retirement Community and highest ranking health-care related place to work in Jasper County! Join our award-winning team today!
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One