Director of Culinary
We enrich the lives of those we serve by providing a nurturing environment that fosters joy, purpose, and well-being. Sharon Towers is a continuing care retirement community located near the heart of SouthPark. We are a non-profit long term care facility that offers independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. At Sharon Towers our team member's number one responsibility is to deliver compassionate resident care every time!
Sharon Towers, a leading senior living life plan community, is seeking a seasoned Dining Director to lead our Culinary Services Department. Founded in 1969, our not-for-profit community is currently home to over 330 senior residents on a 28-acre campus. Located in the heart of Charlotte's premier SouthPark neighborhood, Sharon Towers is within a five-minute walk to numerous upscale retail establishments, office buildings, healthcare facilities and residential offerings. We are currently well under way on an exciting multi-phase campus master plan that includes a new 42 unit independent living apartment building as well as a fully renovated and expanded health center, culinary kitchen, dining room and amenity spaces.
Reporting to the Vice President of Resident Services, the Culinary Services Director leads our award winning culinary team managing successful operations in multiple dining venues. This key manager directs, administers, and coordinates all operational activities of our residents' dining experience, including catering, bistro, lounge and fine dining operations. We make and serve over 800 high quality and nutritious meals a day. The Director drives Sharon Towers' Mission, Vision and Unifying Principles through the delivery of best-in-class service and care and high quality dining experiences for our residents, visitors and team members.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior management/director role in senior living dining preferably in a Continuing Care Retirement Community. Additional 2- 3 years of experience in retail restaurant management also desired.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, Masters preferred
- ServSafe certification required
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM/CFPP) preferred
- Knowledge and experience with regulations and legal requirements for senior living, nursing homes and Medicare compliance
- Proven record of success in leading progressive change
- Strong leadership, mentoring and coaching experience developing successful leaders and teams
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess a strong sense of ethics and empathy for residents and team members
- Excellent analytical, budget and project management skills
- Demonstrated passion for serving Residents and Team Members
Sharon Towers is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Taking care of our residents begins with taking care of our Employees.
Company's website: www.sharontowers.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.