Cooks- PT or FT at River Bend Assisted Living
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? We're hiring entry-level Cooks at River Bend Assisted Living! No senior care experience is necessary. We'll train you for this position where you will gain valuable skills.
River Bend Assisted Living, a 94-unit assisted living and memory care facility, is hiring creative Part-Time and Full-Time Cooks to join our beautiful facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
Our riverfront community located just east of downtown Rochester offers picturesque views and access to the Zumbro River walking path. Staff enjoy the convenience of being located near restaurants, shopping, pharmacies, health care providers, and the renowned Mayo Clinic.
Respect and teamwork are very important to us. We value our employees and take pride in recognizing their hard work! Our staff enjoy a free meal from our top-notch culinary team for each shift worked. We also offer flexible scheduling, opportunities for overtime, and a work/life balance. In addition, we have a low staff to resident ratio. We have a fun, relaxed work culture where we make you feel right at home. Do not miss this opportunity to join our family— apply today!
There are Part-Time and Full-Time, benefit eligible positions working a varied schedule including every other weekend.
PT Hours: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
FT Hours: 10:00 am to 6:30 pm
Share your passion with our residents- they will love your cooking!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Follow and understand diet restrictions and modifications.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Prior cooking experience in institutional and/or quantity cooking equivalent preferred, but not required. We’ll train you for this position!
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instruction.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with others.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One