Cooks- On-Call at New Harmony Care Center
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? New Harmony Care Center is hiring an on-call Cook! No senior care experience is necessary. We'll train you for this position where you will gain valuable skills.
Our building is conveniently located right off of 35E, Maryland and Jackson with easy access to public transportation and free off-street parking.
Our 5-star, 76-bed care center, is currently seeking an On-Call Cook to join our beautiful full-service skilled care facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
Join our close-knit team where everybody knows your name! Here at New Harmony Care Center, our friendly and culturally diverse staff will make you feel right at home. We value teamwork, unity, and collaboration. You can count on us to pitch in and help each other out. We have a mix of new and experienced employees who genuinely care about our residents and each other. We have an uplifting and positive work environment and a home-like atmosphere. You could say we're a hidden gem in Saint Paul! You don't want to miss this chance to join our team!
This is an On-Call position for both AM and PM shifts (no late nights!).
Share your passion with our residents- they will love your cooking!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Bonus points for:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
New Harmony Care Center is located right off of 35E, Maryland and Jackson. We have easy access to public transportation. Our facility offers Skilled Nursing, Respite Care, Rehab Therapy, Hospice, Home Care, and Specialty services.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration).
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One