Cooks- On-Call at Brookside Senior Living
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you happiest when you are cooking? Do you take delight in watching your loved ones enjoy food you have prepared? If so, we have a great opportunity for you as an On-Call Cook at Brookside Senior Living!
Brookside Senior Living, a modern assisted living community located in Montevideo, is currently seeking an On-Call Cook to join our highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated team! Your passion, menu creativity, and culinary skills will flourish here.
This is an On-Call position.
Share your passion with our residents- they will love your cooking!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Prepare for parties/functions as necessary.
Cook skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience required.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to be punctual and work a consistent schedule.
- Selected candidates are required to pass background checks.
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience - home office support from Dietitians and Executive Chefs
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
As a Brookside Senior Living employee, you will learn and gain valuable knowledge to do you job well. Brookside provides 47 Independent Living Apartments and 10 Memory Care Suites. If you enjoy working in a team environment and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those we serve, then please apply!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One