Cooks, No Late Nights, 1000 Bonus at Hastings Senior Health & Living
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? Join our award-winning team at Hastings Senior Health & Living as a Cook! In addition to our generous benefits, we’re offering a $1,000 Bonus!
At our 5-star rated care center we offer guaranteed hours with the possibility of picking up shifts. We will train you if you do not have experience. Come to Hastings where you will be appreciated. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
We are the proud recipient of the 2020 Pinnacle Award for Quality of Food. We take pride in making you feel like you are a part of our family when you join our reputable team. You will enjoy working with our proactive, involved, and knowledgeable leaders who will value your hard work and dedication. Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, our facility combines country charm with a welcoming staff dedicated to help residents thrive. You will love the small town feeling that comes from our building where everyone knows your name. You do not want to miss this opportunity to join our close-knit team!
There are Part-Time and Full-Time, benefit eligible positions available working varied schedules. Shifts: Morning, Day (6:00 am to 2:15 pm) or Evening shifts- No Late Nights!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Bonus points for:
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration).
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One