Cooks, Full-Time, Augustana Apartments of Minneapolis
Are you happiest when you are cooking? Do you take delight in watching your loved ones enjoy food you have prepared? If so, we have a great opportunity for you as Full-Time Cook at Augustana Apartments of Minneapolis! Our building is located on the bus line in the heart of historic Elliot Park Neighborhood. We offer free parking and staff have easy access to various public transportation options.
Augustana Apartments of Minneapolis, an independent and assisted living campus in Minneapolis, is hiring compassionate Full-Time Cooks at our beautiful campus with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
We are conveniently located on the bus line and accessible by the light rail! Staff enjoy the convenience of being located near restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, pharmacies, and health care providers. We even have a convenience store onsite! Ask us about our available rental apartments with employee rent discounts, too! We have a fun team environment, a great team to work with, and plenty of opportunities for growth.
There are Full-Time (30 hours per week), benefit eligible positions available working a varied schedule including every other weekend. No Late Nights!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One