Cook/ Supervisor, 1000 Bonus, Hastings Senior Health & Living
Hastings Senior Health & Living, a 5-star rated, 72-bed long-term care center, is hiring a dedicated Cook/ Supervisor to join our team. In addition to generous benefits, we're offering a $1,000 Bonus!
In this role, you will assist the Food Services Manager with leading the overall operations of the department. You will also ensure our residents receive a first-class dining experience through supervising and staffing exceptional dietary aides and cooks.
We are the proud recipient of the 2020 Pinnacle Award for Quality of Food. We take pride in making you feel like you are a part of our family when you join our reputable team. You will enjoy working with our proactive, involved, and knowledgeable leaders who will value your hard work and dedication. Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, our facility combines country charm with a welcoming staff dedicated to help residents thrive. You will love the small town feeling that comes from our building where everyone knows your name. You do not want to miss this opportunity to join our close-knit team!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule including some weekends.
Hours: 11:45 am to 8:15 pm; hours may vary.
Cook/ Supervisor responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate nutritional care is provided to all residents.
- Assist Food Services Manager with leading overall operations of the department.
- Coordinate with home office dietitians to plan meals at the facility.
- Guarantee meals, snacks, and supplements are planned, prepared, and served to residents in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise department staff.
- Prepare employee schedules, maintain attendance records, and approve payroll.
- Promote special food events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) for residents and guests.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Cook/ Supervisor requirements:
- ServSafe certificate required or obtained upon hire.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal food service regulations, preferred.
- Large scale batch cooking experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration).
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One