Cook- PT, No Late Nights at Haven Homes
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? We're hiring entry-level Cooks to come and work in our brand new building!! No senior care experience is necessary. We'll train you for this position where you will gain valuable skills.
We moved into our premier 149-unit independent living, assisted living, TCU and long-term care senior health & living campus in December 2020. Don’t wait to join our team— apply today!
Haven Homes, a 5-star rated campus, is hiring Part-Time Cooks to join our beautiful new building with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals using brand-new appliances will be highly valued by our residents. You don't want to miss this opportunity to join our team!
There are Part-Time positions available working varied schedules including every other weekend. Lunch/ Dinner shift with No Late Nights!
"My favorite part about being a cook is the opportunity to express my creative side on every shift. It is also extremely satisfying to me to provide good, nutritious food to people who enjoy and need it, I have worked in food service for almost 30 years and find it to be a deeply rewarding career."
—Amy, Cook at Haven Homes
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Bonus points for...
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
Join our professional team at our award-winning facility! Haven Homes is the proud recipient of the 2020 Pinnacle Employee and Customer Experience awards. We take pride in making you feel like you are a part of our family when you join our team. We want all of our employees to succeed and we support them in any way we can. We're very excited to be moving to our brand new building (in Maple Plain) this December! This will be a premier 149-unit independent living, assisted living, TCU and long term care senior health & living campus.
Our community is in western Hennepin County in Maple Plain located on Highway 12. A short drive and you'll be in this quaint town and wonderful community. Wayzata is just 8 miles away, Plymouth and Minnetonka 15 miles, St. Louis Park 16 and Minneapolis is 21 miles.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One