Cook, Full-Time with 5000 Bonus at Okalee of Medina
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you passionate about cooking and baking? Do you want to showcase your creative culinary skills to people who will truly value your work? If so, we have a great opportunity for you as a Cook at Okalee of Medina! Join our team where you can use your skills to create culinary masterpieces for our residents. In addition to our generous benefits, you will be eligible for a $5,000 Bonus!
Okalee of Medina, a new 82-unit senior living community that opened in 2019 in Medina, MN, is currently seeking a Full-Time Cook to prepare delicious meals for our residents. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents in our brand-new facility.
Come and work in a new building! Here at Okalee of Medina, we value unity and collaboration. We are always willing to pitch in and support our staff. Staff and residents love our beautiful and peaceful grounds. Plus, it's an easy commute from the cities! You don't want to miss this opportunity to join our team!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a set schedule including every other weekend.
Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 10:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Cook skills and requirements:
- 1+ year commercial cooking/ food preparation experience required.
- Selected candidates are required to pass background checks.
- Must be able to read and follow recipes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Prior dining/ serving experience a plus!
- Baking experience a plus!
Okalee of Medina is a senior living community providing independent living, assisted living, care suites and memory care options allowing our residents the ability to age in place. An amenity-rich, wellness-focused lifestyle community for older adults, Okalee of Medina is located in a serene, natural setting, yet with easy access to Highway 55.
Our community is located just west of Plymouth off Highway 55 in the quaint town of Medina. We are just 10 miles from Maple Grove, 13 miles from Golden Valley, 18 miles from Brooklyn Park/Center and Buffalo.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One