Assistant Cook- Full-Time, Augustana Apple Valley Villa
Are you passionate about preparing healthy meals for those who truly value your cooking? Are you looking for purpose and balance in your work schedule? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity for you! Join our team where your passion will be highly valued by our residents.
Augustana Apple Valley Villa is hiring Full-Time Assistant Cooks to join our team. In addition to generous benefits, we are offering a $1,500 Bonus! Join our team today and make a positive difference in our residents' lives!
Here at Apple Valley Villa, we are one big family. Teamwork and respect are very important to us. We are passionate about what we do and enjoy serving others. Our staff and residents love walking our beautiful and peaceful grounds. Many people take advantage of our walking paths that border landscaped grounds and a sparkling pond. Apply today to join our family!
There are Full-Time, benefit eligible positions available working varied schedules.
Hours: 11:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Daily pay available through Payactive!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
Assistant Cook responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and serve all meals to ensure adherence to recipes, modified diets, and quality standards.
- Assist in setting up and servicing traylines through breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Dish soups for lunch and make alternate items as needed (Ex: sandwiches).
- Prepare cafeteria food daily and help deliver it in a timely manner.
- Serve at vegetable station during lunch and cleans station at trayline completion.
- Maintains a clean and sanitized workstation.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Assistant Cook requirements:
- 1-2 years of institutional and/or quantity cooking experience required.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). If you would like to be a part of something important, please apply to this ad today. We would love to talk with you!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving all by following One