EXECUTIVE CHEF (Senior Living)
Other Forms of Compensation: $5K Sign On Bonus! Relocation available!
Driven by our passion in the pursuit of hospitality and culinary excellence, Morrison Living has built community through dining experiences for over a century. Embedded in our culture, we deliver exceptional service and aim to be the best part of someone’s day. The commitment of our team members to these core principles makes us an industry leader and an employer of choice for hospitality professionals. Everything we do means more when it’s served with care. The exceptional care and culinary artistry of our team members is nurtured by training, developing, and recognizing our greatest asset – our people. This approach makes the Morrison Living difference. Join us and discover how we build community one meal at a time.
$5K Sign On Bonus, Relocation Assistance Available
An inspirational and organized leader who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to ensure the overall success of daily kitchen operations including recruiting, training, and food preparation. The Executive Chef will showcase culinary talents through the delivery of show quality food through personal involvement in task performance while developing and empowering the onsite staff. Works to continually improve resident, employee, and client satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Will deliver on company objectives by ensuring monthly budget, food and labor costs are met and, the safe handling of food by following safety & sanitation protocols.
Leading Culinary Operation:
- Lead daily culinary production in preparation and production of meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, cost controls and overall profitability.
- Determines how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Provide direction on menu development based on product availability; creates distinctive specials that incorporate seasonal or special ingredients.
- Seeks out sources for fresh food; monitors all produce and meat for freshness.
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food.
- Research customer preferences and develops a menu which incorporates local foods and flavors.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation standards.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Follows and enforces food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
Business & Financial Acumen:
- Participates in the development and implementation of business strategies for the community which are aligned with the client’s overall mission, vision values and strategies.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Analyze financial and operational information on an ongoing basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements, and operating costs.
- Develop, implement, and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor, and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Identify major revenue and expense opportunities and possible problems.
- Controls food cost, labor, and other expenses; monitors actual versus budgeted expenses.
- Oversees the food inventory, purchasing, control, and disbursement of all food supplies.
- Schedules staff based upon forecasted volumes.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Creates 100% resident satisfaction by providing team members with the training and resources they need to maximize team member engagement and deliver best in class service.
- Professional attitude and appearance while engaging with residents and community staff.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Ensures that employees provide genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
- Uses teamwork to support guests and employees.
- Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking resident feedback and developing strategies to improve department.
- Reviews resident satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
Team Building and Management:
- Regularly lead team member meetings
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Develops and implements strategies and practices which support team member engagement.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Provides team members with the training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities.
- Provides team members with the necessary tools to perform their duties and responsibilities.
- Communicates performance expectations and provides team members with on-going feedback.
- Provides team members with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential.
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training.
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chefs experience a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities.
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable.
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1203841