Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? We're hiring an entry-level Cook! No senior care experience is necessary. We'll train you for this position where you will gain valuable skills.
Valley View Village, a 4-star rated, 79-bed senior care campus, is hiring creative Part-Time Cooks to join our beautiful facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents. Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment.
Join our fun loving team! Here at Valley View Village, we have a work hard, play hard mentality. We believe it is important to have a strong work ethic, but it is also very important to have fun at work! You'll often hear laughter fill our halls. We value our employees and take pride in recognizing their hard work. Staff enjoy a work/life balance, food discounts, and connecting with our amazing residents. Our building is conveniently located in a park-like setting on Des Moines’ East side, near shopping centers, hospitals, medical providers and I-235. We would love for you to join our team today!
There are Part-Time positions available working varied schedules including every other weekend. Shift: Day/ Evening (No late nights!)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Follow and understand diet restrictions and modifications.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Cook skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior cooking experience in institutional and/or quantity cooking equivalent preferred, but not required. We’ll train you for this position!
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instruction.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with others.
As a continuum of care campus, we offer independent living, assisted living, long term care, and skilled nursing care including speech, physical and occupational therapies. We have plenty of opportunities for growth!
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). If you would like to be a part of something important, please apply to this ad today. We would love to talk with you!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.