Cooks- Full-Time, Stoney Point Meadows
Are you passionate about cooking and baking? Do you want to showcase your creative culinary skills to people who will truly value your work? If so, we have a great opportunity for you as a Cook at Stoney Point Meadows! Join our team where you can use your skills to create culinary masterpieces for our residents.
Stoney Point Meadows, a 95-unit senior living community, is hiring creative Full-Time Cooks with 1+ year of cooking experience to join our beautiful campus with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents. Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment.
Join our team at Stoney Point Meadows! Our new building is nestled in the quiet countryside meadows of southwest Cedar Rapids, Iowa. In addition to idyllic views, staff enjoy being close to shopping, entertainment, and medical services. Our six-acre campus is located on Stoney Point Road and 16th Ave; easily accessible!
There are Full-Time, benefit eligible positions available working varied schedules. Pay: $12 - $14 / hour
Cook 1 Schedule: Saturday through Wednesday (Thursdays and Fridays off) from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm
Cook 2 Schedule: Alternating shifts (Sundays and Mondays off) 7:00 am to 3:00 pm or 10:30 am to 7:00 pm
Cooking and baking is a great way to connect with our residents!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
“Coming to work is not just what gets me out of bed every morning, but what drives me to do better and be better every day, because I know that the work I’m doing here is important.”
– Elena, employee at Stoney Point Meadows
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Follow and understand diet restrictions and modifications.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Cook skills and requirements:
- 1+ years’ experience in institutional and/or quantity cooking equivalent required.
- Foodsafe certification a plus!
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with others.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). If you would like to be a part of something important, please apply to this ad today. We would love to talk with you!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.