Assistant Cooks, Part-Time, Apple Valley Care Center
Are you passionate about preparing healthy meals for those who truly value your cooking? Are you looking for purpose and balance in your work schedule? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity for you! Join our team where your passion will be highly valued by our residents.
Apple Valley Care Center, a 4-star rated, 178-bed long-term care and rehabilitation center, is hiring Part-Time Assistant Cooks to join our team. In addition to generous benefits, we are offering a $1,500 Bonus! Join our team today and make a positive difference in our residents' lives!
This is a Part-Time position working a varied schedule including every other weekend.
Hours: 11:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Daily pay available through Payactive!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
Assistant Cook responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and serve all meals to ensure adherence to recipes, modified diets, and quality standards.
- Assist in setting up and servicing traylines through breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Dish soups for lunch and make alternate items as needed (Ex: sandwiches).
- Prepare cafeteria food daily and help deliver it in a timely manner.
- Serve at vegetable station during lunch and cleans station at trayline completion.
- Maintains a clean and sanitized workstation.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Assistant Cook requirements:
- 1-2 years of institutional and/or quantity cooking experience required.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). If you would like to be a part of something important, please apply to this ad today. We would love to talk with you!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.