Utility - Charlotte NC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The primary purpose of this job position is to be responsible for general kitchen sanitation and washing of pots and dishes in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Head Cook, Utility Supervisor, and/or Director of Dining Service, to assure that quality service is provided at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following.
- Set up dish machine
- Fill pot sinks
- Wash dishes, glasses, and silver
- Wash pots and pans
- Maintain areas in a clean-as-you-go condition
- Check trash cans continuously
- Remove and bus main dining room dish racks
- Keep dish and pot areas orderly and clean
- Return clean dishes and pots to proper storage areas
- Sort silverware frequently
- Sweep and mop all floors in the kitchen
- Break down dish machine and clean
- Clean pot sinks
- Promotes clean, safe, and neat environment for residents, staff and self
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures, and assists with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
- Follows all Policies & Procedures of Sharon Towers; including the consumption of food on property.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Good communication skills; ability to get along with others; to demonstrate flexibility and patience, to work as a member of a team; good personal hygiene to comply with department of health practices and regulations; maintain uniforms in a clean and neat condition; ability to read, write, speak and understand English to communication with supervisor and other team members. The Utility person must be able to read English in order to use the proper cleaning products and not to cause danger to themselves and others by the misuse of these products. Prior kitchen sanitation experience is helpful,
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School/GED preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age. Capable of prolonged standing and walking continuously for the entire shift, pushing dish racks, frequent stooping and bending, and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to see and hear, or to use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that sanitation standards are maintained according to federal, state and local requirements. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a fire extinguisher, the dish machine and other cleaning equipment.
Clean, well-lit climate controlled environment. Subject to physical and emotional stress associated with normal food service. Performance of job tasks will involve exposure to cleaning chemicals requiring precautions. Smoke free working environment in main kitchen.
Job Types: Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.