Line Cook - Charlotte NC
The primary purpose of this job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations with our established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the Chef, Head Cook, and/or Director of Dining Service to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. Under the supervision of the Chef, the cook is responsible for hot food preparation including accompaniment and garnishes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of food preparation and handling technique.
2. General knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and practices.
3. Ability to work independently with proper direction given.
4. Has latitude to cope with some problems.
5. Confers with Chef or Cook Supervisor on unusual problems.
6. Responsible for hot food preparation including accompaniments and garnishes.
7. Prepares hot entrees, soups, vegetables following preparation sheets and provided recipes for dining room service, healthcare center, and special functions.
8. Does advance preparation as indicated.
9. Serves eye-appealing, tasty food items following recipes provided for preparation and plate service of food.
10. Completes food temperature checks each meal. Tastes all food items prepared.
11. Completes preparation records and stores food items properly at close of meal service.
12. Cleans work area and equipment used in food preparation.
13. Must take necessary precautions and follow correct procedure for lifting and bending.
14. Follows safety and sanitation rules and practices.
15. Ensures that all hot food preparation and assembling is done in accordance with established procedures.
16. Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures and assists with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of fire or other emergency.
17. Provides clean, safe and neat environment for residents, self and team members.
18. Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
19. Follows all Policies & Procedures of Sharon Towers; including the consumption of food on property
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to read, write speak and understand English. Candidate shall possess simple math concepts, good communication skills, sound mental and physical health, ability to get along with others; and demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people, especially older adults.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or equivalent; prior cooking experience in food service is preferred
Candidate must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age with ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds or more and able to stand on tile floors for an eight (8) hour shift. Able to maneuver independently and safely around work area. Ability to see or hear, or to use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure position requirements can be fully met. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a fire extinguisher; to manipulate kitchen equipment, including a slicer, chopper, processor, knives, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.