Production Sous Chef - Charlotte NC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Is responsible for all food preparation aspects of the dining service operation. Is committed to the preparation of quality food products. Utilizes the six guiding principles in the execution of the job description. Assists in the maintenance of sound inter-departmental relations and the integrating of the dining service department with the facility plan of operations. Manages employees within the framework of Team work and empowerment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
include the following
1. Embraces the philosophy of the community and utilizes these as the foundation for the execution of their job description
2. In the spirit of Team work, directly supervises all production staff to include cooks and cold food personnel in the performance of their duties. Promotes the professional growth and development of all staff. Responsible for all food products served, but not limited to, the main dining room, health center, casual dining outlet, and special functions.
>3. Supervises the production of all special foods for the Health Center.
4. Responsible for maintaining food production standards as per Sharon Towers
5. Participates in the predicting, planning, monitoring, and evaluation of cost programs as assigned.
6. Assists in providing quality food and an enjoyable dining experience for residents, guests and staff, eliminating food as an issue for Administration.
7. Oversees and is responsible for daily maintenance of the food preparation system, recipe file, inventory and storerooms. Fills in when necessary on special events or when short staffed.
8. Participates, with the management staff and production staff, in the writing of menus.
9. Supervises cooking personnel and insures proper sanitation procedures for the entire kitchen area.
10. Insures proper food handling, storage and safety procedures are followed.
11. Keeps current with trends in food preparation, including new recipes, presentation and merchandising techniques.
12. Holds daily production meetings with staff
13. Participates in the Team Leader Program, as requested.
14. Implements programs planned to provide quality food and service to the residents, guests and staff, thus enhancing the desirability of the community to current and future residents.
15. Conducts safety, sanitation, and security and maintenance programs as assigned. Assists with special projects.
16. Plans and participates in monthly training sessions for residents.
17. Participates, as assigned, on special projects for Senior Dining.
18. Insures that competency in the position is maintained by participating in Senior Dining and outside training programs, as required.
19. Maintains excellent relations with clients and residents, and close working relationships with dining service supervisors, employees, and other community departments.
20. Serves on committees or in professional organizations, as required.
21. Maintains security of all Dining property.
22. Does not divulge policies, procedures and systems to unauthorized individuals.
23. Performs any other duties, as assigned.
Ability to read, write, speak clearly and understand English. Possess good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to use business math concepts. Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience, to work as a member of a team, and to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people, particularly older adults. Must be of good general health and demonstrate emotional stability. Must be able to cope with the emotional and physical stress of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
<br>Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of safe, sanitary food handling procedures, preparation methods, merchandising and supervision. Is a graduate of a Culinary Arts school or has extensive prior experience in similar food preparation positions. <br><br>
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and capable of lifting 35 pounds or more. Capable of sitting for extended periods of time, as well as standing and maneuvering independently and safely around the kitchen, office and storage areas. Capable of standing on concrete flooring for extended periods of time. Ability to see and hear, or to use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that position requirements can be fully met. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a fire extinguisher, manipulate kitchen equipment and operate all office equipment. Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Works in the Dining Service department, as well as throughout the community. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. Adheres to smoke free working environment in the Dining Service department. Subject to on-call hours in the event of emergency, weather or otherwise. Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays and in other positions temporarily, when necessary. Subject to frequent interruptions. Is subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the workday. Is involved with personnel under all conditions/circumstances. Performance of position will involve exposure to commercial cleaning products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.